Monday, December 14, 2009

The Fool

This Blog
Comparing myself to the Fool may not stretch the imagination. Sometimes what I do may seem crazy. I receive messages from Spirit, and I follow the advice I am given. I listen to that intuitive voice inside of myself, knowing that each cell of my body carries with it the knowledge of the Universe.

I am 36 years old and about to take another leap of faith. I don’t know what the end result will be, but I am confident that I am looked after and helped along by others who have my best interest at heart. I feel their love and support in ways that no human has ever loved or supported me… Unconditionally.

I want this blog to be about the signs I receive from the Universe, my Higher Self, Spirit Guides, God, Intuition, Subconscious. Call it what you like, what resonates, what feels good… To me they are all the same thing. I want to write about the signs and messages, but I also want to write about how I follow those signs, listen to those messages… or not ;-)

Receiving Messages
Song lyrics have been a very direct way I am given a message. The words I find myself hearing are taken quite literally. There is no need for interpretation. Still, sometimes the meaning is not clear because I don’t know what part of my life to apply the message. For example:

Two nights ago, every time I woke up, I heard different parts of the same song.

“…and then one day, she passed his way, he felt reborn in that morning sun…”

“…she took my hand and said yes you can, one look at her and I’m a brand new man…”

“…what you can see in the eyes of a woman is a reason to believe. Look deep inside the eyes of a woman, see the man you want to be…”

I told my baby’s daddy about the song messages, and he said it sounded as if someone was trying to butter me up. ;-) That remains to be seen.

Last night the same thing happened. I would find myself in that stage between sleep and awake and become aware of a song playing. Different songs this time.

“…ready to put my love on the line with you… ready to take a chance again with you…”

“…my intentions are true, won’t you take me with you…”

Same sort of message. We’ll see what happens with that.


Dreams That Aren’t Dreams
The place between wake and sleep is ripe with opportunities for contacting the spirit world. For some of us, it is one of the few times of true relaxation. And relaxation and a willingness to listen are all that is required of us.

Last night I had this experience/dream/vision:

I was in the underground parking lot of the grocery store, pushing the baby’s buggy. I saw another me walk in, pushing a different buggy. She came over and took my buggy and began to push it, as if she was leaving. I took hold of the buggy she brought in, knowing that I was getting the chance to move into a parallel life. At first I didn’t want to do it. I thought I would miss my baby, even though this seemed like my baby too. Then I remembered something from psychology class, how most people would rather stay in a bad situation than try something new. So I took the new buggy with baby and pushed it out of the parking lot.

As we were heading away, I discovered I knew some things about the life we were heading into. I was a single mom. The baby was a few months younger than the baby I had at first. We lived in town in an apartment, not in a house in the country. We took the bus almost everywhere. We had all we needed and life was good. We were happy.

I would have missed out on a very important experience if I had let my fear of the unknown prevent me from moving into the alternate life. I was able to find out some important information that will help me as I make the changes I am currently making in my life.

1. My son and I don’t need much.
2. We can be happy even if our life doesn’t have the appearance I wanted it to.
3. These changes will help my son to be a baby again. (Sometimes I feel like my unhappiness has required him to grow up too soon. I know that the way I feel affects the way he behaves.)
4. I felt free, even though I did not have my own car.

My intent is to integrate the strength and some of the personality of the alternate me into the life I live now. I know I will see results, and may even end up living a version of the alternate life I walked into.

What I Am Going to Do

In light of these realizations, thanks to my experience last night, I am starting a second blog. It will be completely focused on things that make me happy.

I read something recently that made me stop and think. It was a quote by James Oppenheim. “The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” From now on, I plan to grow happiness under my feet.

No comments: